UPDATED: 2013 Goals
March 11, 2014 1 Comment
So I made the bold move to put my 2013 goals in writing, so now it’s time to face the music. This could be really depressing, but let’s dive in . . .
- Paint the fireplace. STILL NOT DONE. I need courage folks–tell me to do it. Tell me it will look amazing. I’ve been trying to muster my courage by scouring Pinterest for similar makeovers, but I haven’t found anything. However, I did determine that it’s a lannon stone fireplace, which led me to this beautiful image (from here):
So what do you think? Any suggestions to somehow handle this beast?
Hang new lights in the kitchen.DONE. You can just barely see the new ceiling light in the reflection below. Create better organization in our entryway.DONE and detailed here and here. Update: this has still been working out pretty great, especially with the cart as a catch-all.
- Hang artwork/pictures. Partly done, but still a long way off.
- Get a vintage sideboard for the dining room. NOT DONE, and I’ve changed my mind slightly. I need a piece that’s less than 12″ deep so that it doesn’t crowd that side of our dining room table, so I’m thinking of having something custom made. Need to get on that already.
Get new dining room chairs.DONE. Mini Bunches is a big fan, and so are we. These aren’t as tip-prone as our old ones. Style the family room built-ins.DONE. SORT OF. I THINK. MAYBE. WHAT DO YOU THINK? Paint the master bathroom.DONE. No pictures yet, but once I get some new lights, then I’ll share.
- Get window treatments for the
master bath, guest bath, guest room, and Mr. B’s office. Three out of four ain’t bad, right?
- Finish painting all the trim in the house. NOT DONE. I don’t know if this will ever be done. There’s just. so. much. trim. But I made some progress. So that’s something right. Plus, I decided to paint all the doors in the house, and I’ve gotten through about 60% of them. Now to just knock out the remaining 40%. And then change all the hinges and doorknobs. Oy vey. Eventually, each door will look like this:
- Unpack our remaining boxes in the basement. NOT DONE. But progress has been made. Once we have a garage sale this spring, I think we’ll be in better shape.
- Paint our master bedroom. NOT DONE.
- Paint the upstairs hallway. NOT DONE.
Paint the guest room.Partially DONE. I forgot to paint under the desk, and I’ve also decided that I need to paint the soffit.
- Paint Mr. B’s office. NOT DONE.
- Paint the guest bath. NOT DONE, but I did get all the trim painted in there, so that’s something, right?
- Take more pictures. Especially ones with a little twist. And get them edited/posted in a somewhat timely basis. We all knew this was going to be a fail, right? I had less than 15 posts in 2013. But I had so much fun with Mini B, that I’m going to forgive myself.
Well, the report card’s in, and I’m going to score it a C+. And I’m going to refrain from doing a 2014 goals post I think, especially since there are so many 2013 goals that still need to be completed. So I shall carry on, and maybe my 2013 goals will be finished sometime in this decade. Fingers crossed!