2012 was a year of firsts for us . . .
That last one has definitely, definitely been the biggest first of our lives. And the best.
And with the advent of Mini Bunches to our lives, we’ve also been able to experience old things anew. And thus all of her firsts are now our firsts . . .
- Her first Summer Olympics.
- Her first Family Reunion.
- Her first International Trip (to Canada’s Marine Land, duh!).
- Her first chance to welcome younger cousins to the world (hooray for Mr. Squishy and Mini B’s BFF).
- Her first trip to Texas.
- Her first Bills Pre-Game Party.
- Her first trip to Imler, PA with her good buddy Q.
- Her first opportunity to help Mr. Bunches at the office.
- Her first Pumpkin Farm Festival.
- Her first view of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Her first Halloween costume.
- Which, of course, means she also had her first Halloween. And that first was doubly special since it was also her first trip to Disney World.
- The first time she sucked her thumb (which, btw, was also the last–not sure what it was about Disney World, but she only sucked her thumb while we were in the park on Halloween and hasn’t done it since).
- Her first teeth.
- Her first Thanksgiving.
- Her first chance to meet a Great-Grandparent (alongside Mr. Squishy of course).
- Her first visit to NYC.
- Picking out her first Christmas tree (while dressed in her Halloween finery on a balmy 65 degree December day in Buffalo).
- Decorating her first Christmas tree.
- Her first Christmas morning (she had a lot of wardrobe changes on Christmas, so yes, these are all in fact from Christmas Day).
- Her first turkey & mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner.
- Her first snow.
This list is far from complete, but it’s a start. My New Year’s resolution? More timely blog posts . . . about life, Mini B, and all her firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths, you get the idea. Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year’s! Love, The Bunches.