Advertisements

Sophistikat-ed Kids

Don’t worry–I know how to spell sophisticated.  I mean, c’mon.  I practically invented the word (har-har).  But seriously, we’re talking a different type of sophisticated today.  In this case, we’re talking Flor Sophistikat carpet tiles.  Yes, I know you’re shocked–I’m talking about carpet tiles again.  But before I get to the afters, let’s talk inspiration:

Emily_Henderson_Inspiration

I love that dining room by Emily Henderson.  So much so that those chairs may soon replace our dining room chairs.  But more on that another day.

So now back to the carpet tiles.  Here they are originally from Flor’s site:

flor-sophistikat

flor2

I say originally because they’re no longer available from Flor.  However, a certain someone I know, ahem-Mr. Bunches-ahem, was able to get a LOT of these discontinued tiles . . . so if you want any, let us know :).

Anyways, you can put the tiles into a variety of patterns.  And luckily (well, for Mr. Bunches at least), I found this site that showed 3 ways to lay out the tiles here:

flor-02

flor-01

flor-03

And yes–the tiles are supposed to not match up exactly.  It’s part of their charm.  So, after much thought, I decided to go with . . . STRIPES!  Huzzah.  And that’s when Mr. B got to work . . .

Flor_Sophistikat_LR_001

Flor_Sophistikat_LR_003

It took a while.  Especially considering we had to move out the big brown couch and then lay out the tiles first before attaching them together with the Flor dots (to make sure that the pattern wasn’t too far off).

Flor_Sophistikat_LR_002

Flor_Sophistikat_LR_004

Thank goodness he’s so patient.  And after a couple hours, we were left with this (oh, and I have to apologize for the sort-of not-so-great after picture, but with a wee one, it’s kind of hard to get everything just so; so no–that white chair is not staying there.  Because that would be weird.):

Flor_Sophistikat_LR_005

Pretty fun, right?  I looked long and hard for a rug that I liked (and that wasn’t outrageously out of our budget), but in the end I’m glad I waited.  The carpet tiles are completely customizable to our space and we ended up laying out a lot since Mini B may just decide to start crawling any day now, and now she has some room to move . . .

MiniB_crawling_001

What do you think?  Hate it?  Love it?  I must say–Mr. B and I are smitten.  Happy Wednesday!

Update: Mr. Bunches has finally launched his discount carpet tile website, DavidPaulFlooring.com, and there are still a lot of the Sophistikat Flor carpet tiles available (as well as lots of other great options).  Check it out here.

Advertisements

17 Responses to Sophistikat-ed Kids

1. Punkie says:

LOVE it!! Looks fantastic!! 😉

2. Jen CN says:

Love it! They are amazing!!! and i might be interested in some of the left overs… how do you think they would lay on our carpet???

3. Kimberly says:

Love the carpet tiles! How much are they per tile?

4. Melanie says:

Hi there! Just wondering if you still have excess Sophistikat Flor tiles. Would you please drop me an email at LHRDesign@Hotmail.com? Many thanks!

5. JL says:

Do you enough to cover a 12×12 room? If so please contact me, thanks so much!

6. tworedbowls says:

A long shot at this point, but also wondering if you have any of the Sophistikat FLOR tiles left!

7. Pingback: Everything is gold, everything is equal … | Two Red Bowls

8. Pingback: Our study. | Two Red Bowls

9. klcrago says:

Love this look! Shoot me an email if you have any left. Highly interested!!!

10. klcrago says:

Love this! I’d love to purchase some of the tiles if you have any left!

11. Andrea says:

I know this was posted ages ago, but do you have any of these left?!?!?!

12. Hi,
    I JUST came across your blog while on what I feared was a hopeless search for these darn flor tiles. YOU SAVED THE DAY! I just placed my order with your husband’s company!!!!
    So cheers to the internet and your fabulous blog. (and even to your husband, for that matter!)